Benefits and Advantages?
Self ManagedSuper Funds allow you to take full control of your super and access a greater variety of investment options not available through other funds.
Some of the main advantages of managing your own super are:
- provide you with the opportunity to reduce income tax on investment income and capital gains;
- Increase the flexibility of investment choices and the asset selection;
- provide control over your total investment portfolio with the ability to take account of the risk profile of all your assets;
- allow the pooling of resources of others with similar financial objectives (for example, a family unit);
- give you the ability to own your business’ real property in the fund;
- have the opportunity to borrow or gear an investment via limited recourse borrowing arrangements, provided the asset is allowed under the rules of the SISA Act.